Monday, August 24, 2009

AppleCheeks


AppleCheeks
style: pocket diaper

AppleCheeks diapers are so cute! They have great colors, have a SUPER soft fleece inside & are so adjustable on baby. Applecheeks come in 2 sizes, size 1 for babies 7-20lbs & size 2 for babies 18-40lbs. These are a pocket diaper, but what makes them different from some other pocket diapers is that the insert opening is located toward the middle of the diaper & the insert doesn't have to be manually removed, it will agitate out in the wash. Out of habit, I still shake the insert out into the diaper pail, but I have left it in before & the insert did come out in the wash.

I have 2 different inserts for these, the AppleCheeks One-Size Bamboo Insert and the Applecheeks One-Size 3-Layer Hemp Insert. The hemp insert is larger, thicker & more absorbent than the bamboo.

Because of the different sizes of the inserts & how they fit the diapers, I fold the bamboo insert in half and the hemp insert in thirds.

I like the trimness of the bamboo insert, but I have found I have to change Haley more often with this insert or I will have problems with wicking. Below you can see the difference in bulkiness between the AppleCheeks One-Size Bamboo Insert(in the red diaper) & the Applecheeks One-Size 3-Layer Hemp Insert(in the blue diaper).

Overall, I'm really fond of these diapers because they're super cute, oh so soft & they seem to fit Haley very comfortably.

No comments: